The International Conference on Peace in South Caucasus: How to Achieve Peace between Armenia and Azerbaijan on Nagorno-Karabakh
The Caucasus Center for Strategic and International Studies (CCSIS) is pleased to announce the International Conference on Peace in South Caucasus, which will take place this year in 2023.
The South Caucasus region has been plagued by conflicts for decades, especially the unresolved dispute over Nagorno-Karabakh, a territory claimed by both Armenia and Azerbaijan. The recent war in 2020 has resulted in thousands of casualties, massive displacement, and humanitarian crises. Despite the ceasefire agreement brokered by Russia, the prospects for a lasting peace remain uncertain and fragile.
The International Conference on Peace in South Caucasus aims to bring together scholars, practitioners, policymakers, civil society actors, and media representatives from South Caucasus and other countries to discuss the challenges and opportunities for achieving peace in the region. The conference will provide a platform for dialogue, exchange of ideas, and constructive engagement on various aspects of the conflict resolution process, such as:
- The role of regional and international actors in facilitating peace and security
- The legal and political implications of the ceasefire agreement and its implementation
- The humanitarian and socio-economic impact of the war and the post-war recovery
- The promotion of human rights, democracy, and the rule of law
- The fostering of dialogue, trust, and reconciliation among the conflicting parties and communities
- The prevention of future violence and escalation
The conference invites submissions of abstracts for paper presentations on any of the above topics or other relevant issues. The abstracts should be no more than 300 words and should include the title, author(s) name(s), affiliation(s), and contact information. The deadline for submission is October 31, 2023. The accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
The conference will be held this year 2023 and the venue of the conference will be announced later.
The conference will feature:
- Keynote speeches by prominent experts and policymakers
- Panel discussions on various topics related to the conflict and its implications
- Workshops on conflict resolution, dialogue, and cooperation
- A roundtable with representatives of the parties involved in the conflict
- A final declaration and a policy brief with recommendations for the international community and the parties involved
The conference will be held in English, with simultaneous interpretation in Armenian, Azerbaijani, Russian, and Turkish. The conference will be live-streamed on our website and social media platforms.
We are looking for partner organizations that can join hands with us in this initiative to promote peace and the recommendations of experts in this area.
If you are interested, you can send you letter of interest at this email: info AT thecaucasuscenter.org
We look forward to your participation and contribution to this important dialogue for peace in South Caucasus.